We had a preacher come to our church recently and he gave the best message. It made me realize just how negative I am. It is true that today we live in a negative world, and it is easy to fall into that mindset. For example, every month I worry about paying our bills and whether or not we will make it and still have money left. The foolish thing is that every month we always come out on top. So, why do I worry so much? Instead of giving things to God and saying, "it is well," I choose to worry, fret, and nag my husband. We have no debt, and God has blessed us with a good job. Still, it seems if all I see is what could go wrong and what will be coming in a few months. I know we have many doctor bills coming with the new baby in a few months. I know that we will need to find a home to buy this upcoming year. I know that we need much more in savings than we have. A very smart person once told me that the days will pass whether I'm doing anything or not. So why should I let those days pass worrying over something that doesn't exist yet? It is smart to plan for the future, but I tend to be a little bit obsessive about it.
I really want to try to learn to look at things in a more positive light. It won't be easy, but with God's help I know it's possible. It shouldn't matter if it's family problems, health issues, or money concerns. God has never failed me. So why do I question Him so much?
I never saw myself as a negative person until I heard that message. I truly want to be that person that can encourage others and look past what is, to what can be.
I LOVED your comments. It is so wonderful to know young people who are striving to live for the Lord and looking to Him to help them overcome their weaknesses. What an encouragement! Those trials you've been through, the Lord has used to bring you to this point of Christian maturity. What a treat to be able to read your writings. Love you. (Thanks for keeping me educated.)Mrs. V.V.
ReplyDelete