I cannot believe that this year is almost over! It seems like it just started. The older you get the faster time flies!
Just over a month from now we should be welcoming our sweet new baby girl into this world! I will be so glad that this pregnancy is over. Morning sickness and backaches will not be missed. With her arrival though, I know there will be some major changes taking place. I'm going have to try to schedule doctor appointments together, get two kids dressed for church, and try to schedule both girls nap times together. This with the added stress of buying extra diapers, less sleep, and listening to two cry at the same time will prove to be a challenge. It begs the question, do I really think I can handle a nineteenth month old and a newborn?
On the upside, our little girl has made the transition from crib to big bed quite easily. There has been the fight of making her stay in bed, especially during the day, but all in all she adjusted quickly. If only I could get her to feed herself her oatmeal so easily. She is using the spoon quite well, but I'm afraid it will be awhile before she figures out how to do it all on her own. This should make breakfast time quite interesting in our home! I guess it's a good thing that I don't eat much for breakfast.
One thing about me is that I like to make lists. I just made a new one for everything that needs to be done in the next couple months. It sometimes seems quite impossible. I like to throw a couple of easy things on there just so I can cross them off and feel like I've actually accomplished something. So this list includes all of our final baby purchases, painting the girls furniture, and sundry other tasks that, Lord willing, will be finished on time.
I've never been so anxious for a year to end! I look forward to the new experiences I will facing. Most of them that is. I hope that everyone else has a great Christmas and holiday season!
No comments:
Post a Comment