Today I got to see my baby girl on the fancy ultrasound machine! I'm was so excited. Right now she looks just like her big sister. The only difference is that it looks like she has my mouth and not her poppa's. Unfortunately, there isn't any sign of hair yet! What will I do with a bald baby girl? I guess I'll have to start making some headbands for her just in case she is still bald when we meet in her three months!
It is so encouraging to have made it to my third trimester without any severe problems. Now, I will admit, with this pregnancy I am suffering from much more discomfort. I've had a lot of lower back pain and the little monkey has her feet sitting right under my ribs. Not to mention she packs a hearty punch/kick. I've also had the joyous experience of heartburn and several months of morning sickness. I am also anemic like I was with my first baby. However, the extra iron supplements don't seem to be cutting it so I'm going to have my thyroid checked. Thyroid problems run in my family so it will be interesting to see if I have any problems. I'm crossing my fingers!
The one thing I found most interesting about this pregnancy is the difference between it and my first. I sailed through my first pregnancy without back pain, very little morning sickness, and no other problems. This time has been totally different. This baby kicks and moves much more than my first ever did. My husband loves watching the baby move her little fist across my stomach! (OUCH!!!) I was very excited when we found out it was a girl because everyone kept telling me it's a boy because things were so different this time. It isn't easy, but I take it as a huge blessing that God has blessed me with another little baby girl to love! The next three months can't go by quick enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment