Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Train up your child...

Well, we have definitely hit that "training" stage. It seems every day is filled with another test of patience. Once you are a parent, you realize just how hard it was for your parents! Especially when your child is just like you. My little girl is testing us in every way possible. She's thrown her first temper tantrum, throws things, and tries to get her way in every way. The biggest fight right now is her throwing things she doesn't want. At the table if she doesn't want her cup she'll throw it on the floor. The same with her food. It is a constant battle that I must win. Being consistent is NOT easy!
Now, in many ways, she has good habits. She is learning to say please for one thing. I try to remember to make her say it before I give her something she wants. Besides, it's cute to hear her say "Uppp, ease!" She has only a few select things that she likes getting into. Like nightstand drawers, the trash, and cabinets. So I am blessed that way.
I'm very proud of how well my husband has been at teaching her to pick up her toys. He has done a amazing job in training her that way. I must say I was surprised. I wasn't sure how he'd be in that area. I think she listens to him better!
I realize how blessed I am in having a helpful husband; my little girl isn't so bad either!

No comments:

Post a Comment